Better has issued a new release of Better EHR Studio, version 2.0, with multi-page support for all forms, which is the most important new feature. Among other significant improvements, there are also expressions allowing for improved field settings, and more visible data while using AQL. Better EHR Studio is a low-code development environment which allows for a faster and more agile development process. It is an integral part of Better Platform, a market-leading openEHR data platform.
The most important improvements in Better EHR Studio, version 2.0, are:
- Multi-page support for all forms: this allows users to create, edit, and remove pages in their form, as well as navigate through them using dependencies.
- Stronger field settings with expressions: this is an improved way of setting fields, either through dependencies or when setting a default value. Setting a value now gives users full control over what they need that field to be. Users can combine variables, AQL results, functions and calculations, or plain and simple strings and numbers. There is also an “Expression Assistant” if additional help is required.
- Increased visibility of data while using AQL: a right-click on a field from the template in AQL will now show users if that field has had any values or terminology added to it. Users will be more informed about the data they are trying to query.
Better EHR Studio enables a fast and agile development process which has proven to be crucial during the COVID-19 pandemic. It enabled Somerset NHS Foundation Trust in the UK to rapidly create, tailor, deploy, and improve COVID-19 digital forms in less than three weeks. Furthermore, using Better EHR Studio, our partner company Inpeco developed an application for COVID-19 medical data collection in only ten days. Now, the application is also being used in Brotzu hospital in Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy.
Better EHR Studio is an integral part of Better Platform, and consists of two main applications: Form Builder, and AQL Builder.
Form Builder is a low-code development environment which allows users to create medical forms – even if they have no knowledge of coding. This means that Form Builder’s use in hospitals is not limited solely to IT personnel. The form building process is fast, and changes in production can be implemented immediately. This makes it possible for hospitals to develop their own custom forms in a matter of hours, and to more easily integrate new forms into their applications.
AQL Builder is a simple tool to query data from Better Platform, a market-leading openEHR data platform. The platform is designed to store, manage, query, retrieve, and exchange structured electronic health record (EHR) data on national, regional, or institutional healthcare levels. Clinical data is stored in a vendor-neutral format, and independently from other applications.
Experience the power of Better Platform
Better Platform has been deployed in more than 20 sites across the UK including:
- Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust (GDE)
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust
- Wye Valley NHS Trust
- The 100,000 Genomes Project
- UCL Chime
- Apperta Foundation
Worldwide, Better Platform already securely supports over 22 million patients in more than 500 hospitals.