Better is partnering with Digital Health Rewired 2021, on 15-19 March, where some of the biggest names in digital health will offer inspiration and insights into tackling the current and future challenges of digital health and data, as the response to the worldwide pandemic continues to play out.
Better’s founder and CEO Tomaž Gornik will give a keynote titled: Data for Life – Re-thinking the Architecture of Health and Care IT. He will speak during The New Normal session on Friday, 19 March, at 2:35 PM GMT. When announcing the speech, Tomaž Gornik said: “The COVID-19 pandemic has forced health and care organisations to accelerate innovation and embrace new models of care delivery. At the same time, care provision is moving from acute settings into communities, and even homes. Finally, citizens are demanding more control of their own health and wellness. This has created a perfect storm, forcing health and care organisations to re-think the architecture of their IT systems.”
Roko Malkoč, Better Meds Product Director, will be presenting during the Clinical Software Summit on Wednesday, 17 March, at 2:45 PM GMT. His presentation will be titled: Why Medication Management Will Not Be Easier in the Future and What You Can Do about It. He said: “Many clinicians enter the medical profession to help people. Nurses are paid much less than doctors, but they often find it gratifying to see their patients get better. When they don't, and patients get hurt due to medical errors, the damage multiplies: there is pain and suffering for the patient, stress for clinicians, and, in rare cases, a burden to the hospital in terms of compensation costs.”
Both presentations will be followed by live Q&A sessions.
Rewired 2021 will be a five-day, virtual festival, celebrating the best of digital health. All sessions will be CPD-accredited. The exciting programme features over 300 speakers across 5 days and 11 festival events, including:
- Matthew Gould, CEO, NHSX
- Sarah Wilkinson, CEO, NHS Digital
- Dr Navina Evans, CEO, Health Education England
- Simon Eccles, Deputy CEO, NHSX
- Sonia Patel, CIO, NHSX
- Russell Branzell, CEO, CHIME
- Chris Hopson, CEO of NHS Providers
- Daniel West, CDIO at Northern Ireland Department of Health
- Richard Corbridge, CIO at Boots
- Sam Allen, CEO of Sussex Partnership NHS FT who is also Chair, Health and Care Women Leaders Network
- Prof Joe Harrison, CEO of Milton Keynes Hospital NHS FT
- Joe Rafferty, CEO of Mersey Care NHS FT
- Dr Owen Williams, CEO of Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS FT
- Dr Shera Chok, National Clinical Advisor, NHS England and NHS improvement; and founder of The Shuri Network
- Ryan Smith, CIO & VP, Intermountain Healthcare
- Sarah Newcombe, CNIO, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Shankar Sridharan, CCIO, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Caroline Cake, CEO, Health Data Research UK
- Ming Tang, National Director, Data and Analytics for NHS England and NHS Improvement
If you are looking for a taste of why Rewired 2021 is the must-attend UK digital health event of the year, then watch the event trailer here.
Grow your network
In-between the Rewired programme’s exciting keynotes, video case studies, Pitchfest competition heats, lightning talks and interactive workshops, you can connect with colleagues across the digital health community. Access +3,000 attendees via the event-app, video chat with fellow delegates, and take part in a lively social programme.
Attendance is free for the NHS. You can register here.